Table of contents CoreScoreVerdictProsConsComparisonWho this shoe is (non) forIt provides maximum, bouncy cushioningThe Alphafly Next% fits truthful to sizeNot for walkingNot for runners who adopt higher heel-to-toe dropThe Nike Alphafly Next% is a race-day-only shoeThe Alphafly Side by side% is unstable for quick turnsFeather-light racing shoeDecent durabilityThe grip shines on the streetsHeel slippingFinal thoughts virtually the Alphafly Next%Facts / SpecsPopularityVideo reviews

Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next% Review

The Nike Alphafly Side by side% is an extremely lightweight, responsive racing shoe intended to take down your personal bests in the next race, from 5k to marathon.

Who this shoe is (not) for

This is a race day shoe, perfect for:

  • Supinating or Neutral midfoot to forefoot strike runners
  • Runners who can become fast and hold the pace
  • Runners who like a LOT of cushion betwixt their feet and the running surface

For overpronating or heel-striking runners, encounter the listing of stability race shoes. For those who prefer a high heel-to-toe drib, bank check out these shoes with 9mm to 12mm heel-drop.

It provides maximum, bouncy cushioning

If you are not accustomed to running in a maximally cushioned shoe, it volition take some getting used to. Running in this shoe is like running -- bouncing -- on mini trampolines. Since this is a race-twenty-four hour period shoe, it is built for a forefoot strike, non a heel strike, so the rubber on the heel is minimal. The few times I did find myself landing on my heel, it was uncommonly cushioned, similar marshmallows.

These shoes are the lightest, bounciest shoes I have always worn. They brand you desire to run fast, even forcing you into a forrard-moving, mid to forefoot landing, propelling you with a responsive boost.

The Alphafly Side by side% fits true to size

The shoe length is perfect and it fits snugly around my feet. The midfoot is extremely narrow that I have a difficult fourth dimension getting the shoes on my feet. One time I do, though, they perfectly hug my feet.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-midfoot.jpg

The just hot spot I noticed was after an eight.v-mile speed workout, the within of my left arch had some discomfort. Once more, this is due to the extremely narrow "waisted" midfoot and the pressure put on the within of my arches after a workout.

The toebox is wide enough to permit ample movement and flexibility, but the midfoot is locked downward tight.

Non for walking

These shoes are built for speed, zip else. Practise not wear these on like shooting fish in a barrel days, every bit that is not what they were designed for. I didn't even feel comfortable walking in them.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-side-view.jpg

Not for runners who prefer higher heel-to-toe drop

The stack meridian is 39mm in the heel and 35mm in the forefoot, providing a 4mm drop. This does not have a lot of load off the calf, then if you are accepted to a higher drop, yous might not similar this shoe.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-heel-drop.jpg

The Nike Alphafly Next% is a race-day-merely shoe

Information technology is a expert idea to try the shoes on for several miles just to make sure you know what to await on race 24-hour interval. Only, because they are not built to last hundreds and hundreds of miles, and because they are somewhat expensive, it is all-time to preserve them for race mean solar day. If you lot are not planning to race your best, take down your Lead, or give it your all, I would save these for a subsequently solar day.

The Alphafly Next% is unstable for quick turns

I tested this shoe on a number of different surfaces, including cobblestone, concrete, and runway. While rail surfaces combined with the bounciness of the shoes provided a terrific surface for speed, the turns on the runway acquired some instability. The upper is only non made to handle quick turns.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-upper-design.jpg

Plume-low-cal racing shoe

I wear a size 12 and the shoe weighs 264 grams (9.3 oz). While these are non the lightest racing shoes made by Nike or other manufacturers, they are extremely lightweight because all of the technology included.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-upper.jpg

The upper is see-through breathable mesh, the foam is the lightest there is, leaving the only place for actress weight in the Zoom Air pods. For a clunkier, loftier stack height shoe with air pods, these shoes are surprisingly low-cal.

Decent durability

Later on a few runs, I do not notice any habiliment and tear, so I suspect they might last anywhere from 150 to 300 miles. But, considering the hefty price tag, I would save them for the special occasion of taking down personal records.

There is no "breaking-in" catamenia for these shoes, as they are strong and prolonged running would only wear downwardly the outsole and foam.

The grip shines on the streets

On the streets, this shoe shines. The grip is superb, assuming you land on the forefoot where the largest amount of rubber outsole is.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-outsole.jpg

Heel slipping

The laces are extremely lightweight, and there are no extra holes at the top to continue the heel in place. To provide a heel lockdown, there is an actress cushion on the dorsum of the heel, just below the collar.

nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next%-heel-collar.jpg

The entire upper is in one slice and there is no tongue. I had to crank the laces downwards very tight to feel a sense of security. Notwithstanding, I still felt like they were non tight enough to feel secure.

Terminal thoughts near the Alphafly Adjacent%

At $275, this shoe is insanely pricey for a race-day-simply shoe. While you might not get a k miles out of the shoe, how much is a new Personal Best worth to you? You will definitely reach it on race day in these shoes.

I am a huge fan of the bounce, cushion, and grip of these shoes. No other shoe compares at this point.

Nonetheless, I am nervous nigh racing a distance longer than a half marathon. I experienced some discomfort after 8.5 miles and I would exist afraid of how my feet would feel if I attempted 26.2. I might consider other long-distance running shoes for a marathon.

If you lot are fix to race your hardest in a race upward to half marathon in distance, I highly recommend the Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next%.

Facts / Specs

Compare popularity Interactive

Compare the popularity of another shoe to Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next%:

Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next% video reviews

Mark Clements

Mark Clements

My name is Marker Clements. I'm an gorging runner in my 40'southward and I run races from 5Ks to Marathons. I'm always training for a race and run at to the lowest degree 40 miles/calendar week, rotating up to 5 pairs of shoes through my runs. My long term goal is to meet one-time historic period, remaining injury-free, which comes in part by being equipped with the best shoes out at that place!